Re: Validator(s)' Test suite - requirements (thoughts)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:36:40 -0500
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

Le 09 févr. 2004, à 20:44, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> Let us just pretend for a moment that a test case is a document (I
> have ideas to refine that, which I will explain later). Considering a
> test case linked to

Do you mean a test case for HTML 4.01 is only an HTML 4.01 document,
like a Web page.

So here come the mess, when you have to test things like conflicting
encoding or conflicting mime-type.
	An utf-8 document served as iso-8859-1
	An XHTML 1.1 document served as text/html

These two cases can't be treated only as one document. It can be a
combination of two documents.
	- .htaccess
	- test-case-encoding-xhgn001.html

A way to have a trace somewhere that there's an additional information
for this test case is important.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***