Re: [WMVS] Some initial thoughts on code M12N...

On Aug 10, 2004, at 2:21, Terje Bless wrote:

> and
> build a complete set of backend modules there; completely separated
> from main
> Validator code.
> Second, we should create «$CVSROOT/perl/modules/W3C/MVS/» and begin
> populating
> it.

Are you suggesting to populate everything in
«$CVSROOT/perl/modules/W3C/MVS/», e.g
«$CVSROOT/perl/modules/W3C/MVS/HTTP/Charset»,
«$CVSROOT/perl/modules/W3C/MVS/IP::ACL» etc?

Or «$CVSROOT/perl/modules/IP/ACL»,
«$CVSROOT/perl/modules/W3C/Markup/Validator» etc

The latter fits the use of «$CVSROOT/perl/modules/W3C/MVS/» closer, as
we tend to match CVS path and perl module namespace. Obvious drawback
is the lack of one cvs module to 'cvs get'.

On a side note, I think I prefer W3C::MarkupValidator to
W3C::Markup::Validator. Any W3C::Markup::* we could think of, that
would make the namespace necessary?

> A while back I hacked up a Perl module to interface with OpenSP using
> C++ and
> XS calling into OpenSP's Generic API (with much help from Nick and a
> few other
> kind folks). This is out on CPAN — «SGML::Parser::OpenSP» — and the
> code is
> currently published on SF.net <http://sf.net/projects/spo/>. The code
> is not
> in a state where it's actually useable for anything, but recently
> Björn has
> been doing some hacking on this and seems to have found a way to save
> it.

The result of the hacking is not saved yet, is it? I could not find it
in either SF's CVS or CPAN.

> First off we should work on SGML::Parser::OpenSP — or possibly whatever
> subclass will sit in front of it (and an XML Processor) — seperately.
> Maybe on
> SF.net where S::P::O lives; possibly migrated to dev.w3.org and qa-dev.

SF's admittedly lower entry barrier for developers did not bring in a
lot of developers for SPO so migrating to dev at some point could make
sense? qa-dev is not an issue, we can test there regardless of where
the code is distributed/hosted.