W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-qa-dev@w3.org > April 2004

[meeting] Notes and log - 2004-04-20

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:55:50 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
Message-Id: <03DF9C7C-9337-11D8-8B5D-000393A63FC8@w3.org>
Hi all,

Here are my notes from yesterday's (2004-04-20) meeting.

Starting with the summary of (a lot of) action items and main 
resolutions.

ACTION: Bjoern to modify priorities in CSSValidator's bugzilla
ACTION: Yves and Bjoern send olivier list of "test" cases URI for the 
CSS validator
ACTION: Olivier to (re)start work on test suites for Validators
ACTION: Olivier contact PLH/Sijtsche and ask them what is implemented / 
to what extent (esp. CSS3)
ACTION: Nick to install mod_validator @ qa-dev
ACTION: Bjoern to send reservations re CVS plans to the list
ACTION : Olivier to compare :8001 traffic to :80 traffic
ACTION : ALL - get public Web accounts (if no member/team account 
already)

RESOLUTION: new beta for checklink, get feedback on implementation of 
robots.txt
RESOLUTION: short beta3 for Markup Validator, and release <= May 1st
RESOLUTION: bi-weekly meeting

There were 3 items in the agenda, making that 4 for clarity of the 
record.

* 1 - checklink *

Ville was given the "fastest hacker" award for his implementation of 
the robots exclusion protocol, Kudos.

There is, however, dissent on whether/when the link checker is actually 
a robot, and a feeling (for some of us) that following robots.txt makes 
it less useful. A first workaround (implemented during the meeting!) is 
to add a note explaining how to modify one's robots.txt to allow the 
link checker to do more than other agents.

Good points were raised on other ideas and methods, but no agreement, 
so we will proceed with a new beta test, specifically asking for 
feedback on the issue of robots.txt, and then act accordingly for a 
release of checklink 3.9.3.


* 2 - CSS validator *

Yves actively fixing bugs, and wishing to have a prioritized list of 
things to do. Bjoern will give his priorities on the Bugzilla list.

It is apparently not clear how much of CSS3 is implemented, nor how 
much is implemented (period). Olivier will contact PLH, Sijtsche, +CSS 
WG to clarify that.


* 3 - Test suites *

related to the topic of prioritized bug, the lack of progress on Test 
suite work is a burden. Yves and Bjoern will send olivier test cases, 
and olivier will shift focus back to test suite work.

* 4 - Markup Validator *

Not much feedback for the low-profile Markup Validator 0.6.5b2, but the 
feedback is generally limited anyway. We should try to ask feedback on 
specific points to specific people as much as possible in the future.

Olivier got (annoyed) feedback on XML limitations, plus rumours of a 
XML-friendlier OpenSP, will followup.

At this point, momentum being preferred over perfection, the agreed 
plan is to fix the CSS "guillotine" problem, launch a quick beta3, and 
release 0.6.5 before May 1st, "unless something big comes up".

[adjourned - 1h50]

IRC log attached, with light trimming as usual.



-- 
olivier


Received on Tuesday, 20 April 2004 21:56:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 19 August 2010 18:12:44 GMT