Re: new host server for w.v.o

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:41:17 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Apr 6, 2004, at 11:39, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> I installed checklink, but check seems to dislike this new host.
> onsgmls is the well-known "1.5pre8" yet check behaves as if it were an
> outdated version ("invalid, no error"). could be related to perl on
> this new box (v5.8.3, versus 5.6.1 on the old one).

  Bjoern yesterday helped me find the reason for that...

It seems that perl -T does not like our usage of IPC::Open3 in the :80
instance.

Apparently -T has become even more paranoid with version 5.8 and we're
not the only ones to have had such an issue.

=> We'll probably have to wait until the upcoming release (which seems
to work fine even with -T) before we "migrate" w.v.o to this new box.

Thoughts, or further analysis, welcome, off-list if necessary.