Re: [DRAFT] ann message for checklink release 3.9.2

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Ville, (and everyone),
>
> Can you give this a look and help me improve this release text by tomorrow?
> It is loosely based on the text that was sent at the time of the beta
> test, back at the end of february.

[ aaargh - I can't figure out how to get pine to include the attachment,
  so I'll just cut&paste.
]

The language of the whole thing is a bit flowery - though not as bad
as many product announcements.

> It is with great pleasure that we are announcing today the first

s/are announcing/announce/
A more usual wording is "We are pleased to announce ..."

> finding broken links and solving authentication issues made easy!

"solving authentication issues"?

> Previously bundled as part of the W3C Markup Validator suite, the free
> online W3C link checker service has been updated with this latest
> release version:
>
>        http://validator.w3.org/checklink

> In addition to that, we now distribute checklink as a free, standalone
> tool, which should be very easy to install and use as a commandline
> tool, or a service on your Web site.

/me not comfortable with that; tries to reword.

This is the software driving the W3C link checker service
	http://validator.w3.org/checklink
Previously bundled with the W3C Markup Validator suite, checklink is
now available for download as a free, standalone tool which can be
installed locally either as a commandline utility or a web-based service.

--
Nick Kew