Re: Error messages

On 16 Jun 2003, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> > Well, we certainly need better messages; but I really don't want to use a
> > patched version of OpenSP for the Validator if at all possible.
>
> Hooray from the packaging point of view! :)

It's not really a serious issue for packaging; the different sets of
messages are completely interchangable as far as building and running
a working installation are concerned.

> Nick, aren't your changes (or a subset of them) acceptable upstream in
> OpenSP?

I haven't asked there.  The basic issue is that some of the changes
are pretty specific to the validation task, and would probably not
be appropriate to other OpenSP applications.

For example, it replaces a warning about NET-enabling start tag with
(from memory) "Stray slash found in start tag: are you confusing SGML
and XML (or HTML and XHTML) syntax?"

Do you think I should post a diff to openjade-devel with a pointer to
this thread, and ask for opinions?

--
Nick Kew