Re: [check] install guide (draft)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:27:35 -0500
Cc: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>, public-qa-dev@w3.org
To: Dominique Hazal-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

Le 17 dc. 2003,  08:52, Dominique Hazal-Massieux a crit :

> Le mer 17/12/2003  08:40, Olivier Thereaux a crit :
>> The draft is up on the beta validator site:
>> http://validator.w3.org:8001/docs/devel
>>
>> I would appreciate any comment you would have to make this better.
>
> Looks really good! I would make two pages out of it, though, since it
> seems to target two mostly different audiences:
> - possible contributors to the validator for development
> - people wanting to install the validator on a server

+1 in fact three pages.
	An intro doc with:
		You are a developper
		You want to install the validator.

- We should try to find three people who have the competences to create
clickorama installer. I have recently installed Bloxsom (Perl) on my
macintosh. You download a package, you double click and it's working...
it's very very elegant. If we can do that for the validator, it will
help a lot.

- Have you thought already about localization of install docs and to
maintain the different versions?

Good work.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***