Dealing with broken HTTP

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:10:00 +0100 (BST)
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

I've just had email from a user who told me Page Valet declined to
fetch his page, whereas v.w.o was happy with it.

On investigation, I found Page Valet was bailing out with a message
about a malformed HTTP response.  This was due to the server using
bare LF in place of CRLF for its line endings, in violation of RFC2616.
I've now updated Page Valet to tolerate this particular form of HTTP
brokenness, but issue a stern warning to the user.

It seems to me that a validator may allow a certain amount of
error correction, but shouldn't let anything so broken pass
without comment.

Terje - I can't see anything in LWP that would address this problem:
can you see any way of fixing this in Perl?

--
Nick Kew