[check] announcement, amended

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:07:44 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

First, thanks Terje for coming up with the initial text.

Here are the changes I'm planning to make

> This is a public beta test of the new version before it is released in
> production. This implies that the code is _not_ ready for use in a
> production environment. If you have somehow managed to find a "Mission
> Critical" use for the MarkUp Validator you are insane and should
> probably
> be restrained to prevent doing harm to yourself. :-)

I'm not a fan of legalese verbiage, but I think the following would be
more appropriate for an official announcement:

This is a public beta test of the new version before it is released in
production. This implies that the code is _not_ ready for use in a
production environment. If you are making a "Mission Critical" use of
the validator you should not rely on this beta version. On a more
general note, please remember that the Markup validator software and
service are provided as is and with no warranty.

>     * The new design for the web interface and the website.

becomes :
  * The new web site and user interface.

I will use this version (unless someone strongly objects) for the
announcements to w-v and www-html, then will drop a note to other w3c
lists, and will contact a few people (including the WASP).

Terje, can I ask you to take care of the people/lists you know
personnally? I can post to newsgroups, but will have to set up a news
client first (as I said, been a while...).

Now may or may not be an appropriate moment for that, but I sincerely
thank everyone for their work, making this long-awaited move possible...

Thanks.
--
Olivier