Re: [check] Status and Progress

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:27:55 +0200
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

>But how about using XSLT for the "templating" instead of
>some Perl stuff?  Dunno if the XML generation for XSLT should be
>templatized or hardcoded in Perl, though...

I have several reservations about using XSLT. Apart from a general dislike
for that way of doing things, my experience is that the current crop of
tools aren't up to the task.

IOW, a lot of people will have to talk very fast to convince me to use
anything but HTML::Template (or the equivalent). :-)

At least for the first cut I think HTML::Template is necessary if for no
other reason then because I'm familiar with it and I'm definitely not
familiar with XSLT. IOW, using XSLT would carry significant overhead while
I familiarized myself with it and slow development down.