Re: First prototype XML Validation Webservice

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:38:10 -0500
To: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>, public-qa-dev@w3.org

At 0:32 +0000 2002-11-23, Nick Kew wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Nick Kew wrote:
>  > I've put up the XML Validator at
>  > <URL:http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/>

very interesting and nice interface

Be careful to the auto validation things. Just to avoid trolls.

I don't see any problems, it's nice to have this output. It would be
good to have a detailed explanation of what we get in return, type of
messages, type of errors, DTDs if any etc.

A manual :p

The output seems to come back on one line (maybe it's my terminal which sucks)
if it's the case, maybe a formatted output would be better.

For example
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<rdf:Description rdf:ID="testcase">
<earl:testCase rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/XML/#"/>

<earl:Assertor rdf:ID="xml-val-svc">
<earl:name>W3C XML Validation Service</earl:name>
<earl:testMode rdf:resource ....

.... etc

if you put Earl as the defaut namespace it will make the syntax a bit
more readable :)

If I have forgotten things I will come back.
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---