Re: we're going to have an official bugzilla

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:32:41 +0900
Cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 05:04 Asia/Tokyo, Terje Bless wrote:
> BTW, could we quickly get some sort of consensus on what policy to
> have for
> this; in re who gets to have accounts and what "products" are hosted
> there
> (cf. Björn's message)?

Now that W3C has a public bugzilla running there is no reason why it
shouldn't be used by other groups than QA (this is the reason why I
wanted a W3C bugzilla rather than a QA bugzilla...).

> I'd say "Public" means _Public_ and we should let everyone at it to
> file
> bugs; if we run into trouble with people spamming it or closing open
> issues
> etc. that's soon enough to start looking at locking it down a bit.

That's the current config as far as I can tell, and (even though I'm a
little worried) I guess that's fine, indeed.

> And hosting the CSS Validator bug database there seems the natural fit
> me

Ditto.

>  sooner that gets set up the better IMO, and the sooner Bugzilla's
> existance is announced to www-validator likewise!

Yes, I had "something to figure out" before the bugzilla goes official,
but I can't remember what it was... ;)

--
Olivier