Re: [logvalidator] Online logvalidator ?

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 10 Nov 2002 23:02:50 +0200
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 20:10, Terje Bless wrote:

> >>The logvalidator is (unfortunately, libwww is a pain sometimes...) not
> >>so easy to install,
> >
> >Hmm, what do you mean?  "perl -MCPAN -e shell", "install LWP" or use ppm
> >with ActivePerl or use the pre-packaged version from an OS vendor?
>
> I think Olivier means that LogValidator isn't too easy to install; it has
> some dependancies and it's partially implemented as a module and not a
> "script". LWP is merely "moderately hard" to install. :-)

Yep, but libwww was explicitly mentioned to be "a pain sometimes"...

Anyway, IMO it's the configuration of the LogValidator that is a bit
painful; installation is just the usual "perl Makefile.PL && make
install".

Perhaps the LogValidator (and Validator, checklink etc) could be
distributed via CPAN so eg. CPAN.pm and friends could take care of the
dependencies?

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi