Re: PWETF -- next steps?

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 18:21, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>> On 8 Nov 2016, at 03:29 , Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it could be good to guide our action by checking how well we're doing.
>>
>> As we mentioned during TPAC, doing some statistics about various aspects of diversity, slicing it by AC / WG member / Invited Expert / w3c staff / w3m / ..., and comparing with societal / industry / member company averages is one way to start.
>>
>> Another thing we may want to do is to set up a private mailing list
>
> This exists.
> This TF was initially set up as a W3C Member task force and this continues:
>  https://www.w3.org/2011/07/Positive-Work-Environment-TF.html
>
> The private list is archived:
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-pwetf/
>
> I have just added Tzviya and Florian to the Positive Work Environment Task Force group. Antonio was already in the group.

Thanks, I didn't know about this list. However, I feel that member-private isn't quite right for what I wish to do with that list. There would still be a large audience that can read the mails, which would not be an appropriate forum to bring up discussions like:

"I witnessed such and such person did so and so to such and such person, and it feels wrong to me. Do we agree? If we do, is this already covered by the CEPC? Were the ombuds alerted? If not why not? Did w3m react correctly? If not why not?"

While the anonymised conclusions we draw from this kind of exercise should be made public, I don't think the discussion itself can realistically happen in a forum which can be accessed by anyone but the intended recipients, in our case the Positive Work Environment Task Force.

— Florian