Re: Dialback in PubSubHubbub

Sorry for the late response.

Evan, your proposal is already covered (I think!) in the 0.4 draft we
released a couple weeks ago.
The differences are that we just use the From HTTP header, instead of using
a hub.from query param.
Also, rather than asking the hub to keep some 'logic' in it as to whom
should things be distributed or not (problem raised by Markus),
we'd rather use 'redirects' to the actual resource on the publisher's side.

For example, I have a 'main' public feed at http://ouvre-boite.com/feed/main,
which points to my hub.
If you want to subscribe to it, you provide the hub with the regular
subscription request, including a From header.

My publisher endpoint will ask me whether I allow you to subscribe to my
feed... (it will have previously checked who you are using the From header
obviously).
If I allow you to subscirbe to that feed... it's all great. I can also
decide that you're actually going to be subscribed to
http://ouvre-boite.com/feed/friends and you will then get a confirmation
with that new url (check 0.4 for the confirmation steps).

it's obviously similar is you try to subscribe to
http://ouvre-boite.com/feed/friends  and I decide that you should only get
http://ouvre-boite.com/feed/main...

Etc. The benefit of this, I believe is that it leaves each publisher decide
on their 'model' as for privacy, with 'group' feeds, individual feeds...
etc.

Mart, I haven't fully understood your proposal, but I think I generally
disagree with the idea of 'binding' the pubsubhubbub protocol with a
particular mechanism (which, it seems you do...). I think the callback
approach is very powerful because it lets the publisher decide whatever
makes sense for them...

julien