Re: Dialback in PubSubHubbub

On 22/06/12 04:03 PM, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> So with the dialback idea, the hub know's the Webfinger/URI addresses
> of all subscribers.
Roughly, yes. I could see having a mixed mode where, if hub.from isn't
provided, the hub will only deliver "public" items to the callback.

> But how does the hub know the list of recipients of an update? Does
> the publisher send that list to the hub together with the update?
Unspecified so far. I think it's hard to do with the "skinny ping"
pub-to-hub mechanism described in 0.3.

> Or is the idea that the hub is tightly coupled with the publisher and
> therefore "knows" the recipient list of the update?

I think that's more likely. The Pub-to-Hub interface was dropped in the
0.4 draft.

-Evan

--
Evan Prodromou, CEO and Founder, StatusNet Inc.
1124 rue Marie-Anne Est #32, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2J 2B7