Re: Testing MathML spec on https://labs.w3.org/pubrules

On 04/02/2015 04:59 PM, David Carlisle wrote:
>>> * headers.dl says Latest Version missing
>>> as previously agreed, the spec has two latest version links
>>>
>>> Latest MathML 3 version:
>>> Latest MathML Recommendation:
>>
>> This is an exception. Pubrules is actually looking for the text "Latest
>> Version":
>> https://github.com/w3c/specberus/blob/master/lib/rules/headers/dl.js
>>
>> We aren't sure yet how to handle these exceptions because it's really on
>> a specification basis.
>
> It seems quite common for specs that have been through many versions to
> want to do something like this. Check for 'Latest.*[Vv]ersion'  ?

It's fine to have multiple "Latest.*version" urls but if that's the
case, the checker needs to identify one url (in this case "Latest
version") as a reference.

>>> * headers.translations says we should use
>>> http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byTechnology?technology=MathML3
>>> rather than
>>> http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Query?titleMatch=MathML3
>>> (I can change it if that information is correct, just asking:-)
>>>

>> That's just a warning because you are not using the recommended text but
>> it won't be a problem for echidna. It will not pass echidna if there's
>> an error. Warnings are fine.
>>
>> <https://github.com/w3c/specberus/blob/master/lib/rules/headers/translations.js>
>>

> It's good for me (if not for echidna) not to see warnings:-)
> If the 2003 URI is preferable to the 2005 one I'll change the
> drafts to use that (the pages seem to be the same and at the present
> time there are no translations) Or is the 2005/11 URI in fact newer
> and a good link to use, and the test should not be warning?

These 2 pages are actually the same. Since pubrules doesn't enforce the
2003 URI, I added another issue to specberus so it can also handle the
2005 URI :)
https://github.com/w3c/specberus/issues/176