Re: EPUB Rec track (Was Re: [minutes] 2019-10-01)

On 10/3/2019 3:28 AM, AUDRAIN LUC wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In PBG Tuesday call, we did speak of the necessity of a roadmap for
> the future of EPUB and that this is being worked on in the  EPUB3 CG.
> It was also identified that any timeline would come after a clear roadmap.
>
> From the minutes :
>
> *Dave Cramer:* The CG is discussing its roadmap and how we want it to
> evolve
>
> -----
>
> *Avneesh Singh:* I see something missing in the spreadsheet
> … how will EPUB change
> … also relates to future roadmap
> … suppose CG sends us on a roadmap that they think are essential
> … but we are not able to move forward on them because they are not yet
> mature specifications
> … let us proceed and make decisions then
>
> *Avneesh Singh:*
> … let’s work closely with EPUB3 CG and then determine a timeline
>
> As for the scenarios, I must admit I don’t understand why scenario for
> EPUB number 2) is bearing some items that are already being
> standardized on the Web Publication base, namely
>
>   * (c) audiobooks, being the result of the PWG,
>   * (a) sequential art is already incubated by EDRLab and BDCoMa CG on
>     Web Publication,
>   * (d) bringing in some early Web Publications content : isn’t the
>     Web Publication note here for that?

I was merely listing areas which might provide requirements for a
follow-on EPUB spec.  It is conceivable that some function developed in
one fashion ultimately gets swizzled and packaged in a different way.

However, I was not taking a position that this was necessarily the case.