Re: [PBG] Agenda for 20181009 call

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 1:43 PM Brian O'Leary <brian@bisg.org> wrote:

> I agree with your reframing. There are knock-on workflow implications (eg, if I am heavily invested in Math ML and it isn’t what we need to make things work on the web, what do we do?), but we should be asking the question as you have outlined it here. Thanks for redirecting me.

MathML shares the fate of many XML vocabularies: being a crucial
component of workflows, but being transformed to something else to
display to the end user. We seem to have figured out the low-level
languages of the web, but what about the higher-level languages? Where
are the tools that allow us to work at a human scale without
restricting us to a proprietary, unstable format (cough, Adobe,
cough)? MathML is not particularly usable by humans.