RE: [EPUB Roadmap] EPUB3 Justification call

We do just this at SAGE Publishing. We create an EPUB3 then run a second transformation to down-convert that package to EPUB2 for those channels/vendors that won’t accept EPUB3 files.

-Julie Blair

From: AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 8:06 AM
To: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Cc: W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [EPUB Roadmap] EPUB3 Justification call

I think it is a good idea but it has a cost.

Although difficult to know exactly, I do think almost all old EPUB2-only devices support EPUB3 files, I mean those described in the document "EPUB2 Sunset".
At least, the tests we did in 2015 at Hachette Livre France, helped us decide to switch the entire EPUB2 production to EPUB3. With no regrets…

Best regards,
Luc