Re: A reminder

> On 9 May 2017, at 06:47, 鎌田純子 <kamata@voyager.co.jp <mailto:kamata@voyager.co.jp>> wrote:
>
> Dear Ivan,
>
> I have a question..
>
> You said at EPUB summit that Digital Publishing Working Group was planned. "The Digital Publishing Working Group" is equal to "Publishing Working Group" which is on Call for Review?

That is correct. We had a F2F meeting of the Publishing Business Group the Monday after the summit in Brussels, and the Group decided at that meeting to rename the prospective Working Group to "Publishing" instead of "Digital Publishing". Sorry for the confusion...

> I read W3C Publishing Business Group Charter (https://www.w3.org/2017/02/PublishingBGcharter <https://www.w3.org/2017/02/PublishingBGcharter> ) and found the phrase "(Digital) Publishing Working Group". Does "(Digital)" means they are equal?

This is part of the same confusion… the charter of the Business Group preceded that decision at the F2F.

The reason of the change is because, potentially, the Publishing work at W3C may also involve issues that are not fully 'digital' like, for example, technologies around traditional publishing backends, on-demand printing, etc. Hence the name "Publishing@W3C" or "Publishing Business Group". The renaming of the Working Group was simply a matter of consistency (although the proposed charter does not go into these non-digital areas for now).

> I know this question is too rudimentary, but I have to ask you to make my direction clear.

Nothing rudimentary here, these are absolutely valid questions. I hope I could clear it up.

Sincerely

Ivan

----