Re: Proposal for carrying forward accessibility work in W3C publishing groups

George,

I hope to have a better idea about the publication schedule,
since I would like to discuss this topic in the upcoming F2F meeting
of ISO/IEC JTC1\SC34\JWG7 in June.

For the joint publication by W3C and ISO/IEC JTC1, we
need a new work item proposal in SC34, which is followed
by a three-month(?)  ballot.  After W3C finishes the content
of EPUB Accessibility 1.1, we need a  Proposed Draft
Technical Specification, which is followed by a six-month(?)
ballot.

JWG7 is a joint WG by SC34, ISO TC46, and IEC TC100/TA10.
F2F meetings of JWG7 are held twice a year: one
is together with SC34 meetings, while another is together
with TC46 meetings.  Since I am in SC34, the F2F meeting
in June (Tokyo) is good for me to raise this topic.

Regards,
Makoto

> I don’t know, but as I see it, there are things that need to be introduced
> that are not in WCAG 2.1.   The EPUB community working group  would be
> the place to introduce these items.
>

> Best
>
> George

Makoto