Re: New Member: The Washington Post

Sounds good. And not to discourage somebody (Laurent being the likely ideal
candidate) to attend the Spring IPTC meeting in Estonia, I just got news
today that the Fall meeting will be hosted by the New York Times, October
12-14. So a whole bunch of these folks will be within easy reach then.

An ideal scenario would be for Laurent to speak at the Spring meeting and
get the ball rolling so that concrete results could be presented at the
Fall meeting. Since I went independent I can't justify the expense to go in
person to all the IPTC meetings anymore, but I will definitely be attending
the fall meeting in New York.

--Bill

P.S. Another tidbit--there will be a big announcement next week about
IPTC's partnership with Google on image metadata. . . .