Re: Draft EPUB Survey: Feedback requested

I definitely think we should add the Benetech certification as an option for the “How do you validate your accessible files?”

George and Avneesh- Are there other validations or certifications that you’d want to add to this new question?

From: Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, February 7, 2020 at 10:04 AM
To: "McCloy-Kelley, Liisa" <lmccloy-kelley@penguinrandomhouse.com>
Cc: W3C Publishing Steering Committee <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Draft EPUB Survey: Feedback requested

Thanks Liisa! Some comments below.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 9:47 AM McCloy-Kelley, Liisa <lmccloy-kelley@penguinrandomhouse.com<mailto:lmccloy-kelley@penguinrandomhouse.com>> wrote:
Question 11- add option for:
Retailer/Partner requests it

Added.

For the accessibility section, do we want to add something like:
How do you validate your accessible files?
ACE Checker
Partner validation

Added. Should we add something about the certifications from Benetech or others?

Question 52-
Please change “Sometimes ebooks purchased" to “Often ebooks purchased”

Done.

Should we move Question 53 to the end and make it a more general question?

Question 53 exists purely as a logic branch point--if you say yes, you go to the section of the survey for reading systems. If no, you skip that section.

What parts of the publishing ecosystem do you feel you represent?
Trade Publisher
Education Publisher
Professional Publisher
Author
Reader
Student
Conversion Partner
Reading System Engineer
Reading System/Retailer Employee
Other

I think it might make sense to add this as a separate question at the end.

Section 5: For the education section, I think we have to add back something like:
Do you use EPUB publications in your educational environment?

Will do.

Section 6:
Googledocs should be Google Docs

Fixed.