Re: F2F Agenda

Thanks Tzviya,

overall, this looks really good to me. I have only one comment, but I am not sure where to put this…

The survey will cover data from the community on EPUB (and some related topic, but mostly EPUB), and there is no real question on what EPUB+Web would mean (I do not want to use the term WP, it has become  loaded term). I believe that would be part of the vision this committee could add to the work ahead, if we decide to continue the work on a WG. This is not part of the draft charter either.

Where would we discuss this? Probably under the 1:00-2:00 session, but I am not sure.

To add my pinch of salt on this: my vision would be that EPUB 3.x would replace the usage of PDF on the Web. This is not the vision we described in the document with Markus, it is way less ambitious, but is more realistic: make it so that EPUB3.2 could be played (albeit possibly in a separate tool, like we have pdf.js) in a browser and users could generate those EPUB-s as easily as they do PDF. Maybe this is only a matter of raising the awareness of EPUB beyond the closely knit publishing community because the technology makes it doable already; maybe there are technical hurdles to solve: I do not know. But I believe we would be in a better world if that vision was achieved.

(I obviously know that we cannot go public with such a statement this way and we'd have to find a better way to express this, because we don't want to a direct confrontation with Adobe. Ideally, I would like to have them on our side.)

Cheers,

Ivan

----
Ivan Herman, W3C