From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Date: Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Question about Educational content structure
To: <public-schemaorg@w3.org>

The relationship you're after is probably not workExample, unless the video
is a representation of the same intellectual content as the textbook but in
a different medium.

If you consider the test and video to be part of the content of the
textbook, use hasPart. We're not paper-bound anymore so it's OK for videos
to be parts of books.
{ ...
  "@type": "TextBook",
  "hasPart" : {
    "@type": "Chapter",
    "hasPart": [
       { "@type": "Video" },
       {
        "@type": "CreativeWork",
        "learningResourceType": "Assessment"
       }
    ]
  }
}

If the Video and assessment are not parts of the textbook then (as far as
schema.org is concerned) they're just other stand-alone but linked
resources.

A couple of things you might be interested in are:

- K12OCX <https://k12ocx.github.io/k12ocx-specs/>, a spec for marking up
complex learning content such as courses (textbooks are similar)

- some ongoing efforts in LRMI <https://www.dublincore.org/about/lrmi/> to
define a concept scheme for learning resource types
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTZd1AQMdh52otziC_s_-iE3JZOPHSVOP_6D7Bk247I/edit#heading=h.dbbp5570samf>
(sorry, you'll have to trawl the DC-LRMI Task Group mail archive
<https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DC-LRMI> for discussions
about that and why we avoid terms like 'video' and 'text')

Phil (convenor of DCMI Learning Resource Metadata Initiative task group)