Re: epubcheck development and maintenance : draft MOU and SOW for formal aproval

Thanks Luc.

Specific remarks.

MOU
------
- I am not sure what the role of W3C, the groups, committees are from a juridical point of view. The text says it is "Between The Publishing Steering Committee & The DAISY Consortium"
 - The Steering Committee does not have any real standing (consider the separate discussion, too), so I would think it should be between the Business Group and Daisy.
 - Also, should it say "W3C Business Group & Daisy"? We may have to check this with Wendy Steltzer
 - B.t.w., the 1st line in "Objective" says "Publishing Working Group", which is certainly wrong. It should be the Steering Committee if we keep to what we have now, or the Business group (or W3C Publishing Business Group) depending on my previous remark.
- The text also includes "Publishing Steering Group" (in 3.2) which is definitely wrong, too…

Work Statement
————————

This is something to be checked (and is a minor issue): the text refers to the Nu HTML checker. Isn't it better to refer explicitly to validator.w3.org/nu? <http://validator.w3.org/nu?> The only reason I am saying is that, afaik, the w3c version takes care of incorporating newer W3C issues (like values accepted by ARIA, things like that) then the 'core' Nu HTML one. But this should be checked.

Ivan

> On 28 Sep 2018, at 16:21, AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr <mailto:LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>> wrote:
>
> Dear SC members,
>
> Please find here attached the draft MOU and SOW we as Publishing Business Group Steering Committee have to approve in order for the the DAISY Consortium to start the work on epubcheck development update.
> This work will be conducted according the proposal they sent and we approved on our SC call on August 24th (also attached).
>
> If you have any concern or comment on these documents, please send them as soon as possible.
> If not, would you please sent your consent by an explicit response to this email.
>
> At the latest, we should approve these documents at our next PBG CS call next Friday, but if all your answers are positive, we could let them know before.
>
> Among approval, would you please confirm that you allow me to sign on behalf of the Publishing Steering Committee as stated at the bottom of each.
>
> Best regards,
> Luc
>
> <DAISY_SOW_v3.docx><MOU epubcheck development and maintenance DAISY draft 1.docx><Proposal from DAISY Consortium for epubcheck Development Update and Maintenance v14-JUL-2018.docx>

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Publishing@W3C Technical Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/ <http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/>