From: Toshiko Kimura [mailto:kimura@itscj.ipsj.or.jp]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 2:47 AM
To: Bill McCoy <bmccoy@w3.org>
Cc: 'MURATA Makoto' <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>; 'Francis Cave'
<francis@franciscave.com>; 'Yong-Sang Cho' <zzosang@gmail.com>; 'Sam Oh'
<samoh21@gmail.com>; 'George Kerscher' <kerscher@montana.com>; 'Bill
Kasdorf' <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>; 'Ivan Herman' <ivan@w3.org>; 'Rachel
Comerford' <rachel.comerford@macmillan.com>; 'Cramer, Dave'
<Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>; 'Garth Conboy' <garth@google.com>; 'Siegman,
Tzviya - Hoboken' <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Subject: Re: W3C review of PDTS 22424-1/2, EPUB 3 Preservation

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your arrangements for collecting comments
As the PDTS documents are now under committee level ballot, we would
appreciate receiving comments as a contribution of W3C rather than from
individual experts.

As mentioned by Francis, the SC 34 ballot closes 2017-12-11.  I have
checked that the SC 46/SC 4 ballot closes 2017-12-28.
If W3C has a difficulty to send us comments by 2017-12-28, please let me
know.  I will discuss with the SC 34/JWG 7 co-convenors who will make
arrangements of resolution of comments.

Please send us the comments by e-mail.

Best regards,

Toshiko Kimura
Secretary of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 14:33:50 -0800
"Bill McCoy" <bmccoy@w3.org> wrote:
> Thanks!
>  W3C co-chairs ? shall I forward these links on your behalf to the CG & WG
(and BG for good measure)? I would propose to include the punchline from
Francis' request:"On behalf of SC 34 I would like to invite W3C experts to
review and comment upon these draft specifications. The ballot period in SC
34 will close on December 11, but later in ISO TC 46/SC 4. Our Secretary, Ms
Toshiko Kimura, will confirm the deadline by which comments must be
submitted" and a ?statement like: "Whether providing collective feedback on
these specs, or other relevant intersections, should be an agenda topic in
upcoming WG/CG/BG meeting(s) is TBD ? if you have input about that please
contact the chairs of the appropriate group(s). Meanwhile we will forward
comment deadline and info on how to make individual comments shortly".
>  (Francis or Kimura-san perhaps you can also advise how individuals should
submit comments - presumably via email?)
>  --Bill

Makoto
<samoh21@gmail.com>; Toshiko Kimura <kimura@itscj.ipsj.or.jp>; George
Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>; Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>;
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>; Rachel Comerford
<rachel.comerford@macmillan.com>; Cramer, Dave <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>;
Garth Conboy <garth@google.com>; Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken
<tsiegman@wiley.com>
>  Subject: Re: W3C review of PDTS 22424-1/2, EPUB 3 Preservation
>
>  The links are:

http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=19297971&objAction=Open
&viewType=1

http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=19298776&objAction=Open
&viewType=1

>  Regards,
>
>  Makoto

> > Murata-san, Bill
> >
> > My understanding is that Open documents can be linked to and downloaded
for personal review purposes, but ? as we have learned in the past ? copies
must not be stored in public archives. ISO lawyers are very vigorous in
pursuing breaches of their copyright terms.

> > Maybe the best thing would be simply for us to share the links to the
publicly-accessible copies that are in the SC 34 document library
(<https://maps.google.com/?q=SC+34+N+2457&amp;entry=gmail&amp;source=g>SC 34
N 2457 and 2458), and request that only these links should be publicly
shared/archived and not the documents themselves.

Toshiko Kimura <kimura@itscj.ipsj.or.jp>; Francis Cave
<francis@franciscave.com>; George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>; Bill
Hoboken <tsiegman@wiley.com>; MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
<eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
> > Subject: Re: W3C review of PDTS 22424-1/2, EPUB 3 Preservation
> >
> > Bill,
> >

> > I will send you PDTS 22424-1 and -2 in a separate mail.  As W3C is a
liaison,

> > I believe that W3C is notified when new SC34 numbered documents
> >
> > are published.
> >

> > Kimura-san,
> >

> > These documents are classified as "Other document (Open)".  Does
> >
> > this mean that they can be disclosed to the public?
> >

> > Who in W3C is notified when new SC34 documents are published?
> >

> > Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Makoto

> >> Dear Murata-san,
> >>
> >> Could you please provide the documents in question ASAP? Apparently as
of now they haven't yet been provided to EPUB 3 CG or W3C Publishing WG
members (I cc: the co-chairs).

> >> Dear Francis, thanks very much for your note. Could you clarify if it's
acceptable if the draft documents are attached or linked to in emails that
are publicly archived (as W3C WG and CG emails are by default) or do they
need to be disseminated in email that is not publicly archived (which is
possible if necessary)?