From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 3:50 PM
To: W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>
Cc: Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>, Liisa McCloy-Kelley <lmccloy-kelley@penguinrandomhouse.com>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, W3C Publishing Steering Committee <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: Proposed charter change for the 'Why EPUB 4' issue

Dear all,

as agreed on the F2F meeting in London, there is now a proposal to settle Issue #27[1]. BillK (with minor help from Liisa and I) has created a document on the business case of EPUB & EPUB 4[2], and a there is also a proposal for the charter text that contains a single paragraph and a reference to that document[3] (see the paragraph right before section 2.1).

These changes have not yet been incorporated into the 'main' charter (hence the funny URL-s [2] and [3]). Please either add your  comment to [1] or the "Pull request" issue[4]. If you want to propose specific editorial changes, that can also be done by using [5] or [6], respectively.

Thanks

Ivan

P.S. The link to the 'business case' in the proposed new charter paragraph does not work at this moment; it points to the place where the final document will be if and when this proposed change, a.k.a. 'pull request' is merged to the main branch.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/dpubwg-charter/issues/27

[2] https://rawgit.com/w3c/dpubwg-charter/bcase-draft/EPUB4_business_case.html

[3] https://rawgit.com/w3c/dpubwg-charter/bcase-draft/index.html

[4] https://github.com/w3c/dpubwg-charter/pull/41