From: Rick Johnson <Rick.Johnson@ingramcontent.com>
Date: Friday, April 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM
To: "PBG Steering Committee (Public)" <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Cc: 'Ivan Herman' <ivan@w3.org>, Bill McCoy <bmccoy@w3.org>, 'Karen Myers' <karen@w3.org>
Subject: Presentation for the AC meeting

Below are the links to the final version of my presentation.

The talking points are:
Slide 2. A reminder of what Jeff said the day before
Slide 3-4. Who am I, and why you should listen to me
Slide 5-7. This is not a talk about traditional reading…. The audience know that already, and how the OWP drives that (referencing the CSS presentation just before me and the fact that the AC group voted for the merger), and the vision of publications on the web is happening
Slide 8-10. This is a talk about learning, and how the OWP can (and does!) power learning
Demo of offline, interactivity in an EPUB (video)
Demo of interconnected systems (video)
Demo of interactivity driving learning (live in Chrome browser)
Slide 15-19. How the learning market is changing, and how the OWP is the key technology to drive that; What that looks like in education and the corporate markets
Slide 20-23. Why there are problems to be solved, which the workgroup is being formed to do
Slide 24. Reminder to Vote!
Slide 25. Reminder of what is being created (and summit in Nov.)
End.

Given that everything is being done from the single machine on stage, I’ve opted to record 2 of the demos, and do the third one live from a Chrome browser window.  Hopefully everything will work from over there!

Let me know if there are any questions.

-Rick

Keynote:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4QJcFJMNitNemRjZmhzRkR1R2s

PowerPoint:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4QJcFJMNitNa0pxblFtaGhLbGM

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged, and/or proprietary material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.