Re: [pwg] Proposed Vote for Publication of LPF and moving to CR

Hi all,

> 1st Item: Proposal for publishing the Lightweight Packaging Format note, with the shortname of LPF, and full name Lightweight Packaging Format
> Please vote (+1, 0, or -1), if voting in the negative (-1), please provide a reason.

-1
Reason:
1. "LPF" is known as an abbreviation for "Low-pass filter". "Low-pass filter" comes to the top in various search engines' results by "LPF".
2. "Packaging Format" is a general name and is conceptually too broad. Wikipedia also has an entry called "Package Format".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package_format

3. I think we should include the word "Publication" or "Publishing".
4. If the short name is used as "MediaType"(like application/lpf+zip) , I think "f" for "Format" should not be included.
Sorry, I did not participate in the previous discussion.
I propose some alternatives.
Lightweight Publication Packaging Format / lpp
Lightweight Publication Packaging / lpp
Lightweight Publication Archives / lpa

If those alternatives have already been discussed in the "naming battles months ago", I am not going to insist on it.

> 2nd Item: Proposal to move Audiobooks and Publication Manifest to CR.
> Please vote (+1, 0, or -1), if voting in the negative (-1), please provide a reason.

+1
株式会社ボイジャー 小池利明
koike@voyager.co.jp
Toshiaki Koike (Voyager Japan, Inc.)