Re: Feedback on WP

Gregorio,

thanks!

I have only one comment on the manifest. Per the text in the paragraph 4.5.2

"The resource list enumerates any additional resources used in the processing and rendering of a Web Publication that are not already listed in the default reading order."

there is no need to add all the entries from the Reading Order (ie, Text/Pinocchio-1.xhtml, Text/Pinocchio-2.xhtml, etc) in the "resources" list. That simplifies the structure of the manifest!

I would actually be very interested to see some more details on this remark:

> A very interesting immediate result is that the multimedia and interactive features, which are not working well in EPUB reading solutions through assistive technologies, are instead very accessible from browsers.

I think it would be important for all of us to understand why this is indeed the case…

Thanks again!

Ivan

> [...]
>
> Dear all,
> In the last months as LIA Foundation we have followed the work of a student (Luca Minardi) of the University of Pisa (Italy) who, together with the teacher Barbara Leporini, has prepared a thesis on the production of an accessible multimedia and interactive EPUB 3, then transforming it into a Web Publication.
>
> I am writing to you because we have finally published the WP and we would like to have your feedback, in particular on the structure of the manifest:
> WP URL: http://hiis.isti.cnr.it/demo/pinocchio/WebPublication/index.html <http://hiis.isti.cnr.it/demo/pinocchio/WebPublication/index.html>
> Manifest: http://hiis.isti.cnr.it/demo/pinocchio/WebPublication/Manifest.json <http://hiis.isti.cnr.it/demo/pinocchio/WebPublication/Manifest.json>
>
> A very interesting immediate result is that the multimedia and interactive features, which are not working well in EPUB reading solutions through assistive technologies, are instead very accessible from browsers.
>
> Gregorio
>

> ---
> Gregorio Pellegrino
>
> Chief Accessibility Officer
> Fondazione LIA
> gregorio.pellegrino@fondazionelia.org <mailto:gregorio.pellegrino@fondazionelia.org>
> Network Confidentiality Notice
> Il presente messaggio, e ogni eventuale documento a questo allegato, potrebbe contenere informazioni da considerarsi strettamente riservate ad esclusivo utilizzo del destinatario in indirizzo, il quale è l'unico autorizzato ad usarlo, copiarlo e, sotto la propria responsabilità, diffonderlo. Chiunque ricevesse questo messaggio per errore o comunque lo leggesse senza esserne legittimato è avvertito che trattenerlo, copiarlo, divulgarlo, distribuirlo a persone diverse dal destinatario è severamente proibito ed è pregato di darne notizia immediatamente al mittente oltre che cancellare il messaggio e i suoi eventuali allegati dal proprio sistema.
> Le opinioni espresse nel messaggio sono quelle proprie del mittente, se non diversamente e specificatamente dichiarato dal mittente stesso.
>
> This message, and any attached file transmitted with it, contains information that may be confidential or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient who only may use, copy and, under his responsibility, further disseminate it. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or read it without entitlement be advised that keeping, copying, disseminating or distributing this message to persons other than the intended recipient is strictly forbidden. You are to notify immediately to the sender and to delete this message and any file attached from your system.
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states otherwise.

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Publishing@W3C Technical Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/ <http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/>