From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:37 PM
To: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Subject: Solidarity of the W3C to the family of Vagner Diniz

Dear Advisory Committee Representative,

Today we have issued the following statement on the W3C Homepage:
  https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/7552

Text version:
The W3C Team and Offices offer their sincerest condolences to our W3C Brazil Office Manager Vagner Diniz, his wife and family, for the tragedy that befell them when the Brumadinho dam collapsed late January [1], claiming the lives of their daughter Camila, their son Luiz and their pregnant daughter-in-law Fernanda and other family members whose bodies we keep hoping they find. We have no words in the face of such a dramatic and horrifying event and our hearts go to them as well as the many people who, directly and indirectly, have been hit.

Since 2001, years before the 2007 launch of the W3C Brazil Office [2], hosted by the NIC.br (Brazilian Network Information Center) institute, in São Paulo, many in the W3C Team and global W3C Community have known and have met Vagner at different occasions. Our heartfelt condolences to Vagner Diniz, his wife Helena Taliberti, and his entire family.

[1] https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-47017551

[2] https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/421

Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org mailto:coralie@w3.org +337 810 795 22 https://www.w3.org/People/Coralie/