From: John Foliot [mailto:john.foliot@deque.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 11:37 AM
To: Aaron Leventhal <aleventhal@google.com>
Subject: Re: Microsoft's ARIA annotations proposal

+1 to Aaron, and I suspect that the folks over in dPub WG would be interested and supportive of this as well.

JF

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 9:35 AM, Aaron Leventhal <aleventhal@google.com<mailto:aleventhal@google.com>> wrote:
Hello, I was reading the ARIA annotations issue<https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/749> and the linked Microsoft Position Paper on Annotations<https://www.w3.org/2014/04/annotation/submissions/Microsoft_Position_Paper_on_Annotations.pdf>.

All I can say is, yes, we need this. With perhaps a few minor tweaks, the proposal is already pretty solid. It would solve a lot of real problems in group document editors. This would be very helpful for end users.

I'd like to see annotations sooner than the 1.4 time frame, and look forward to implementing in Chrome, and working with platform API specs and AT vendors as well.

I propose we get this on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.

Thank you,
Aaron

--
John Foliot