Re: Feedback on WP Spec from Kobo

Dear Leonard,

You know that EDRLab is deeply involved in the process of pushing accessibility in Europe. Accessibility is one of our pillars.
WP and EPUB4 will both support a large set of accessibility features (mostly because the HTML content will be structured and tagged accordingly).
EPUB 4 will *recommend* that publications are accessible.
Daisy will offer ACE as a great tool for assessing and quantifying the accessibility of EPUB 4 and WP content.
Still, I don't think that EPUB 4 will ever *mandate* (i.e. require) a certain minimum level of accessibility as defined by ACE; and this for strategic and practical reasons.

But we'll see...

Cordialement,

Laurent Le Meur
EDRLab