[affordances] Call for Participation: PWG Affordances Task Force

From: Teixeira, Mateus <mteixeira@wwnorton.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 16:23:23 +0000
To: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
CC: "Garth Conboy (garth@google.com)" <garth@google.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Jasmine Mulliken <jasmine.mulliken@stanford.edu>, "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Hello PWG,

Following up on Tzviya’s announcement at last week’s call, Jasmine and I are now calling for participation in the Affordances Task Force. For a comprehensive overview of the ongoing discussions around affordances, please check the growing list of open Github issues<https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Atopic%3Aaffordances>. [1]

The goal of this TF is to formalize the technical requirements for publication-specific affordances so they can be integrated into the Web Publications specification<https://w3c.github.io/wpub/#wp-affordances>. [2]

We welcome and encourage participation from anyone, regardless of self-perceived technical fluency. Affordances need input from both the technical and non-technical perspectives.

The scope of our work, initial work items, timeline, and “administrivia” are all outlined in detail in the spin-up document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BEiBAB-RU2FK2_3XZKUERfFi-nGwwFrMFvKe08e0-QQ/edit?usp=sharing> in Google Docs. [3]

If you are interested in joining the task force and contributing to this work, please respond to this email by Wednesday, 3/7. We will schedule our inaugural call soon after.

Best,
Mateus and Jasmine

[1] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Atopic%3Aaffordances

[2] https://w3c.github.io/wpub/#wp-affordances