From: Coralie Mercier [mailto:coralie@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 2:31 PM
To: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Cc: chairs@w3.org
Subject: TPAC2018 Fee increase and introduction of Invited Expert Fund

Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
Chairs,

We will shortly open registration for TPAC 2018, held 22–26 October 2018 in Lyon, France
  https://www.w3.org/2018/10/TPAC/

In trying to keep the balance between maintaining fees at a relatively low rate for a major conference such as TPAC and the need discussed at the recent AC meeting to address budget deficits, we tried to hold the 92 euro daily fee and did so during the early bird period but had to apply a general raise in the rest of the calendar:

  Early Bird rate (until 31 Jul): EUR 92 (EUR 110 with VAT)
  Standard rate (until 30 Sep): EUR 135 (EUR 160 with VAT)
  Late/on-site rate (starting 1 Oct): EUR 170 (EUR 205 with VAT)

We remind you that the registration fees help to partially offset the costs of wifi, audio visual, food and beverage.

To positively respond to an existing need and as recommended by the W3C Advisory Board in its May meeting [1], we are creating an Invited Expert Fund to help support Invited Experts who participate actively in W3C groups and who request financial support to attend TPAC.

We hope all attendees recognize the value of supporting IEs and will agree to a nominal 5% fee addition; however, you will have the ability to opt out.

With kind regards,
Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2018AprJun/0047.html

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org mailto:coralie@w3.org +337 810 795 22 https://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/