From: Joanmarie Diggs [mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:29 PM
To: public-mathonwebpages@w3.org
Subject: Conclusion from ARIA: "Liaison heavily"; no formal joint task force -- yet

Hey all.

I proposed at today's ARIA concall the creation of a joint task force between the ARIA Working Group and the Getting Math Onto Web Pages Community Group. The consensus reached, in part due to practicality and in part due to Process, is that the ARIA Working Group will "liaison heavily" (to use my staff contact's language) with the Community Group but not formally create a joint task force at this time.

As for what "liaison heavily" means from a practical point of view: I will recruit ARIA Working Group members to join the Community Group and participate on accessibility matters directly within the Community Group. Those of us who do participate will periodically update the full Working Group on progress, issues, possible solutions, etc. If we reach a point where a Rec-track deliverable is called for, then we need to decide how to proceed. Options include:

* Do it in ARIA (at which point we'd likely create a task force)
* Do it in some other existing Working Group
* Spawn a new, specific Working Group for that deliverable

So while I'm admittedly a tad disappointed, I don't see any reason why we cannot do this joint work as planned, but officially 100% under the umbrella of the Getting Math Onto Web Pages Community Group.

The minutes from today's meeting can be found here:
https://www.w3.org/2018/06/07-aria-minutes.html#item02.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, and I look forward to our ongoing collaboration.

--Joanie, on behalf of the ARIA Working Group