From: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:38:29 PM
To: Benjamin Young
Cc: Daniel Glazman; W3C Publishing Working Group
Subject: Re: A question on RWPM: why the 'metadata' tag?

The I18N group will (as they did in that thread for Web Annotations) require the availability of both values. It's why there is both `lang` and `dir` in Web Annotations, Web App Manifest, etc.

So. Worth reconsidering.

This is a bigger issue though than any specific format. This is something that should be ideally dealt with at an UTF-8 level.

I know that there's something in JSON-LD/RDF for handling languages, is there anything about direction as well?