From: Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 10:50 AM
To: "Ruffilo, Nick" <Nick.Ruffilo@ingramcontent.com>, Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>, Jeff Buehler <jeff.buehler@knowbly.com>
Cc: "deborah.kaplan@suberic.net" <deborah.kaplan@suberic.net>, "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Continuing discussion on Polyfills

Nick,

What you've described so far sounds a lot like a static site generator, such as Jekyll: https://jekyllrb.com/

Authors write simple (stupid) content-centric document (typically Markdown) and organize them into a certain structure and then the tooling does the rest (outputs HTML, adds scripts and polyfills, etc).

One such static site generator that does all kinds of book-ish things is https://www.gitbook.com/

Their tooling is open source https://github.com/GitbookIO/gitbook (Apache License 2.0) and can be used to generate PDFs, EPUBs, sites, etc.

Is what you're proposing essentially this same idea?

Cheers,

Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/