Re: Refreshed draft

<AB and Process editor hat on>

Individual resolutions to publish are still a thing, but they're not strictly necessary: Having a blanket resolution that a the editor can push out new WDs for every edit, or every week, or whenever they feel like it, etc, has been accepted practice for a while.

But there should still be a group decision of some kind empowering the editor to do that, as a Working Draft, unlike an Editor's draft, is a Group's document. Echidna (the automated publishing system) actually requires a link to that decision as part of publishing.

Voting is certainly not called for, as voting is a last measure thing to be used at the discretion of the chairs to unblock a situation when consensus cannot be found. In this case, consensus is not even needed (even if it is preferable). So any process the chairs deem appropriate to reach that decision is fine, including the chairs just declaring by fiat that we have a resolution to publish.

</hat>

—Florian