Re: (Experimental) W3C document dependencies' roadmap for publishing

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:09:50 +0900
Cc: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
To: Jiminy Panoz <jiminy@chapalpanoz.com>

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 02:32, Jiminy Panoz <jiminy@chapalpanoz.com> wrote:
>
> I couldn’t tell if the CSS Modules section was mainly about pagination or not (sorry, it was at least kinda unclear to me) but if you’re looking for extra “bookish modules” in the shorter term:
>
> CSS Rhythmic Sizing (https://www.w3.org/TR/css-rhythm-1/), <https://www.w3.org/TR/css-rhythm-1/),> comparable as a baseline grid in DTP tools;
If you include Rhythmic Sizing (which is a reasonable suggestion), you should probably include https://drafts.csswg.org/css-line-grid-1/ as well, as they are related: they are possibly complementary, possibly only one of the two is needed, possibly we need a new approach on the same problem... The CSS WG is looking at both, and does not have a solid consensus yet.

—Florian