Re: definition of Web Publication

I disagree with Ben:
“The requirement of a publication being available sans-network connection
is one of the key components of making a Web Publications unique next to
Web Apps and and Web Sites.”

I agree with Bill:
"a web publication is any collection of web content that has a reliably
determinable structure (at minimum, linear order of its top-level
constituents). Full stop.”

Hugh.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org
> wrote:

> Tzviya sent today a link to https://www.w3.org/TR/publishing-linking/ (2013),
> which does not exactly tackle the issue of Service Workers (it didn't exist
> in 2013), but introduces the tension between some legal publishing clauses
> and the Web architecture. It's worth reading, even if it has a taste of
> un-finalized work.
>
> Laurent
>
> Le 28 juil. 2017 à 17:30, Rachel Comerford <rachel.comerford@macmillan.com>
> a écrit :
>
> But a legitimate concern - as an educational publisher I produce a lot of
> materials with 3rd party licensed content.  I'm liable if that content is
> distributed in a way the license owner didn't agree to. It may be that
> there are digital distribution rights for web based platforms but not for
> offline and I need to be able to address that restriction.
>
> Rachel Comerford | Director of Content Standards | T 212.576.9433
> <(212)%20576-9433>
>
> *Macmillan Learning*
>
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Laurent Le Meur <
> laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org> wrote:
>
>> In addition, I may not want my WP to be taken offline – and that should
>> be my choice as an author.
>>

>> Slippery road...
>>
>> Laurent

Hugh McGuire