RE: addressable identifier?

> It seems that there are more people leaning towards external manifest

It tends to make the most sense when there are multiple primary resources (just not loving that term yet). In the case of a single-document publication, finding an external manifest to discover the page you were at is the only page seems like a redundant exercise. But then, extracting the script data and converting it to json maybe offsets any potential optimization embedding affords. (It's tempting to think up over-optimizations.)

If a driver of embedding is file minimization, though, are there many scenarios where a publication will actually be a single resource, and what does it even matter? Taking a web publication offline isn't influenced by this, and packaging to make portable will potentially make all publications a single file. No one seems overly concerned about scripts or css files being external.

Matt