From: Leonard Rosenthol [mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:54 PM
To: Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>; public-publ-wg@w3.org
Cc: Greg Albers <GAlbers@getty.edu>
Subject: Re: definition of Web Publication

Greg had an excellent point about curation, so let me try to add that in using a term that we’ve been trying out here (so feedback on that welcome too)

A Web Publication (WP) is an intentionally curated collection of one or more Web resources organized together through a manifest and presented to users using Open Web Platform technologies.

There were some other things in the suggestion that I didn’t take and I’d like to explain

  *   “bound” vs. organized:  The word bound, to me, feels more like packaging – and so I think we should avoid it for now.  But it’s a good word for when we get to PWP
  *   “uniquely identifiable grouping”: As we have discussed, identification of a WP is a separate issue so that doesn’t belong in the definition
  *   “reading order”: Having this in the manifest definition, I saw no need to duplicate it in the WP definition.

Leonard