From: Garth Conboy [mailto:garth@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:22 PM
To: public-publ-wg@w3.org
Subject: [PWG] 20170724 Agenda

Hello Publishing WG Folks,

Below is the draft agenda for next week's WG conference call, to be held at the usual day and time [0].

We have switched from WebEx to GoToMeeting!  Please see this page<https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/Meetings/gotomeetings> for new dial-in information [1].

If you are new to this group, learn the tricks here<https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/WorkMode/newbie> [2].  Publishing WG home page is here<https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/> [5].

Please let us know if you are able to scribe. Please join the call via GoToMeeting [1] and join IRC [13] for live chat & minutes (IRC channel #pwg).

Agenda:
·  Approve previous WG minutes [3]
·  Welcome new members & brief introductions
·  Civility, quantity, and participation on issues [4]
·  Technical work; largely manifest related; largely led by Dave C
o Active issues here<https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues> [6]
o Scope of WP?  Will WP include a collection of existing URLs that are constantly being updated and changed, not controlled by the author/publisher, like a syndication or feed service?  Or, is WP a publication or new material prepared by the author/publisher, with easier updating because it’s on the Web?  How static is the content of a WP?  How related to a published document is it?   Is the “publisher” is able to make any changes to the web resources being published?
o Can a UA with the first resource of a WP figure out that it's a WP? [7] and [8]
o Can a UA with any resource of a WP figure out that it's a WP? [7] and [8]
o What's in a manifest (regardless of where it lives)?  What's optional, what's required? [9] and [9.5]
o Won't make this week:
§ What's a WP's "identifier" and/or "locator?" [9.75]
§ Can a clueless UA do anything with only the above?
·  Any other business
[0] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=DPUB+IG+Meeting&iso=20170724T12&p1=43

[1] https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/Meetings/gotomeetings

[2] https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/WorkMode/newbie

[3] https://www.w3.org/2017/07/17-pwg-minutes.html

[4] https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/

[5] https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/

[6] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues

[7] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/13

[8] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/11#issuecomment-316179015

[9] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/6

[9.5] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/6#issuecomment-314486416

[9.75] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/11

To join this teleconference, use the following logistics:

GoToMeeting [10].  To mute/unmute your line press "*6".

Join chat and minutes on IRC/Zakim (see below)

We will also use an IRC channel to minute the discussions:

Address:  irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org/>  (channel #pwg)

Available ports (choose one): 6667, 6665, 21 IRC channel: #pwg See how to connect [11] using an IRC client [12] or our web interface [13] User Instructions for Zakim [14].

 To place yourself on the speaker queue ('q+' in irc) press 41# (Handup).

 Unqueue ('q-' in irc) is 40#.

[10] https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/Meetings/gotomeetings

[11] http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/

[13] http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client