From: chaals is Charles McCathie Nevile [mailto:chaals@yandex.ru]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 5:46 AM
To: chairs@w3.org
Subject: HTML extensions - proposed note

Hi,

there are a lot of specs around that extend HTML, and if we try to modularise it more we will have more of those.

To help keep track of them, LĂ©onie started drafting a document for Web Plaform WG, which I have been working on: https://w3c.github.io/html-extensions

The rough criteria for inclusion is that a specification defines one or more HTML elements, attributes, specific values for attributes and corresponding behaviour, or extends or changes an API defined in the HTML specification.

There are a number of specs that probably should be listed but aren't - some of these are already recorded as issues at https://github.com/w3c/html-extensions but if people know of other specifications that should be there, please feel free to file an issue. Similarly other comments are welcome.

The WebPlat chairs' proposal is to publish this as a Working Group Note, when we've closed out the issues for incorporating extension specifications - hopefully some time over the summer.

The expectation is that it would be noted as applying at a particular date, and *should* be updated "from time to time".

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals is Charles McCathie Nevile