Re: [Tooling] a new feature installed on our HTML/respec oriented repositories

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@codespeaks.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 10:56:10 +0200
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017, at 09:20, Ivan Herman wrote:
> I have configured, called PR Review (developed by Tobie Langel) which
> helps this. If you look at the latest PR[1], you will see, at the bottom
> of the comment, references to 'Preview' and to 'Diff'. The former
> provides a link to a preview (ie, with respec processed), and the latter
> shows a readable diff (not a diff on the html source but on the way the
> text has changed).

Yeah, the HTML diff'ing is invaluable on more tightly scoped PR.

Note that you can use keyboard navigation to move along the diffs. For
consistency with the vi-inspired GitHub keyboard navigation,  "J" moves
you forward, and "K", backwards. Keyboard nav will also automatically
fold the large warning at the bottom of the page.

Great to see this tool put to good use here, and thanks for your
perseverance dealing with those ReSpec bugs, Ivan. I'm sure this has
helped a bunch of other people.

Best,

--tobie