Re: Identifying a book on the Web today

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 19:04:01 +0900
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Baldur Bjarnason <baldur@rebus.foundation>, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com>, David Wood <david.wood@ephox.com>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>

> On 4 Aug 2017, at 11:57, MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:
>
> Ivan,
>
> So are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?  Do you think that all
> resources in
> PWPs should be first-class citizens of the web and should thus be
> addressable
> by URIs?
>

> Yes.

Good to hear that.  If there is a consensus in this WG, we have to find
some mechanism for providing URIs for all resources in PWPs.

> That was never an issue I believe for WP-s.

Actually, I am not sure.  We might want to give different URIs for
a resource in the context of one WP and the same resource in
the context of a different WP.  Such URIs can allow
different "next primary resource" depending on context WPs.

Regards,
Makoto