Re: Identifying a book on the Web today

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 22:58:40 +0900
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Baldur Bjarnason <baldur@rebus.foundation>, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com>, David Wood <david.wood@ephox.com>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>

> I am not sure how the discussion got to these high level points, to be
> honest. I do not think (or at least I hope) anybody seriously considered
> defining our own identifier scheme, alternative protocols, etc; I think we
> should definitely keep away from those issues. We work with what is on the
> Web and, I believe, our mantra is to minimize any specification we do and
> definitely avoid touching the fundamentals.

I would like to allow secondary resources in PWPs to become first-class
citizens of the Web.  I hope that the PWG will consider this desideratum.

If this is accepted as a desideratum, we will then have to provide a
mechanism.
I think that a new URL scheme for PWP is a candidate of such a mechanism.
Thus, I do not want to shut the door for such a URL scheme.

Regards,
Makoto